- QCan a student enroll at any time of the year?
- AStudents can enroll at any time of the year, but it is advisable to do a pre-registration to ensure space availability. High school students are required to register a minimum of 20 school days prior to the end of a semester. High school seniors must be enrolled for two full semesters prior to graduation.
- QHow long before I arrive in Kuala Lumpur should I apply for admission?
- AWhile there is no formal deadline to apply, enrollment in all school divisions is running at or near capacity with limited vacancies for new students. As such we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- QIs testing required as part of the admission process?
- AIn some cases, an admission decision is reached based on review of an applicant's file. In other cases, review of the application indicates a need for admission testing.
- QHow is grade placement determined?
- AEvery effort is made to place students in the appropriate grade based on academic experience and chronological age. For the majority of applicants coming from U.S.-curriculum schools there is no change of grade level. Applicants coming from countries where the academic calendar differs from ISKL's August to June calendar may find themselves remaining an additional semester in a grade level due to this calendar difference. Students requiring EAL (English as an Additional Language) support might be placed in a lower grade based solely on their EAL needs, as ISKL administrative regulations require specified levels of proficiency for entry into certain grade levels. Successful completion of the Malaysian SPM exams or eight GCSE/IGCSE exams is considered equivalent to completing Grade 10 at ISKL.
- QCan my child live with a friend or relative while attending ISKL?
- AISKL policy states students must be in full-time residence with at least one parent or a legal guardian while in attendance. Please direct questions regarding guardianship to the Admissions Office at the time of inquiry or application.
- QAre boarding facilities available for students?
- AISKL does not offer boarding facilities. All students are required to reside with their parent or a legal guardian while attending ISKL.
- QIn what area of town do most expats reside?
- AISKL students live throughout the Klang Valley.
- QDo you have a bus service or do I need to provide transportation for my child?
- ABus services are available to and from various areas of Klang Valley and we also provide bus service for students involved in after school activities.
- QAre after school activities offered at ISKL?
- A ISKL offers a wide variety of after school activities at all grade levels.
- QHow is the school year structured?
- AThe school year is comprised of two semesters, August to December and January to June.
- QWhat hours is school in session?
- AEarly childhood programs (Prep Reception and Prep Junior) run from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
Prep Senior to Grade 5 run from 8:00 am to 2:45 pm
Middle School run from 8:00 am to 2:45 pm
High School run from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- QDoes the school have a dress code?
- AISKL has school uniforms and observes a dress code that varies slightly at each division. Occasionally there are tag days where students are allowed to dress according to a particular theme.